You want to offer bunq payments on a website or in an application.
0. Both the consumer and the merchant have a bunq account.
- 1.The consumer wants to pay with bunq. They enter their alias in the bunq payment field at checkout and press the enter button.
- 2.The merchant sends a payment request to the consumer.
- 3.The consumer receives a push notification, opens the bunq app and accepts to the payment request in the bunq app.
- 4.The merchant gets an immediate confirmation of the payment.
- Make sure that you have opened a session
- Make sure you pass the session Token in the
X-Bunq-Client-Authenticationheader in all the following requests of the session.
List all your monetary accounts and choose the one you want to use to receive the payments to. Save its
idand later use it in the payment request.
Optionally, you can attach an image to the request for payment.
- Make sure you set the
Content-Typeheader to match the MIME type of the image.
- Pass a description of the image via the
The payload of this request is the binary representation of the image file. Do not use any JSON formatting.
idof the posted attachment. You’ll need it to attach the attachment to the payment request. payment.
Request a payment by sending a
- Pass the customer’s email address, phone number or IBAN in the
- Set the correct
typefor the alias (e.g. EMAIL). Note that if you choose to pass the IBAN, the name of the
- Provide the
idof the created attachment (optional).
- Receive the
idof the created request inquiry in the response
- Save this
- Use it to check if the customer has responded to the request yet.
After you send the payment request and get its
id, you can poll it to see if its status has changed.
- If the
ACCEPTED, the customer has accepted the request and paid the money. You will have received the money on the connected monetary account.
- If the
REJECTED, the customer did not accept the request.